top of page

Enamelled earthenware pitcher from the 1950s/60s by the Elchinger factory, satin gray/black enamel on the outside and shiny green on the inside. H:29cm

The Elchinger factory, named after its creator, operated in Alsace from 1834 to 2016. Initially, production was dedicated to culinary pottery, then around 1870 followed a period of creating exterior decorative elements for the garden and facades.

After the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements, a craze for ceramics developed in the wake of the Vallauris potters who reached the general public. In the 1950s and 60s, the Elchinger factory offered creations with rather refined shapes and decorations, unlike the work of ceramists from the south of France.

Elchinger pitcher

€120.00Price
    bottom of page